Bay Area Video Coalition 12/30/12
Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) inspires social change by enabling the sharing of diverse stories through art, education & technology.
But besides keeping students current on the latest software and techniques in content creation, they are also focused on both the past and future of creativity. They are the nation’s largest non-profit preservation organization and are at the cutting edge of new media. It’s the latter that’s of interest to us as we explore a month of Web native storytelling.
- A write-up on how The Factory (BAVCs advanced teen video production collective) teamed up with the makers of the interactive Web framework, popcorn.js to explore Web-native filmmaking.
- More info on The Factory including an overview video.
- BAVCs transmedia focused Producers Institute for New Media Technologies.
- Created in collaboration with BAVC, Story Camp is a free online learning lab that explores Web-native storytelling. It starts with a six chapter toolkit that contains videos, projects, templates, visuals and readings on the process of creating a Web native film.
- BAVCs Spring class on HTML5.
Short trailer of StoryCamp
Both comments and pings are currently closed.