Delicious Monster 07/26/12
Create a digital catalogue of all of your industry books and magazines with Delicious Monster.
A while back I created a document in Evernote that listed all of my industry books, complete with links.
Not that visual, right?
So I did a blog post on some of my favorite industry titles in my book collection. This looked a little better by having thumbnails of the covers.
If I had known about Delicious Monster at the time, my books could have looked like this:
With a name inspired from a plant found in South American Rain forests, Delicious Monster helps you to meticulously catalogue your entire library.
Um, and when we say meticulously – we mean obsessively. Some of the features include:
- Publish to the web in one click
- Large collections — now using an industry-standard SQL database
- iTunes shelves automatically read in iTunes collection
- Build smart shelves using almost any attribute of your media
- Friends’ collections are automatically viewable from inside Delicious Library 2 if they have a .mac account on their Address Book entries
- AppleScripts, shell scripts, and CoreFoundation tools are supported
- Export to comma and tab separated files, Bookends (via BibTeX), Excel (via SYLK), XML, and the six most common bibliography formats
- Import from delimited files with a flexible import assistant that guesses the file type and then has tweakable settings
- Backup and restore functionality built in, to checkpoint your collection or copy to another computer
But hey, why stop at books? You can also go hog wild and use the app to catalogue your movies, music, software, toys, tools, electronics and video games.
And, oh yeah – you can import all your stuff onto your digital shelves using your:
- iSight webcam
- their wireless barcode scanner
- iSight scanning
- bluetooth scanning
- speech input
- works with Apple Remote
- and, of course, your keyboard
Say goodbye to sunlight and nature and hello to the comfort of knowing that everything’s in its right place. With Delicious Monster you can create a living, flexible and shareable inventory of your life’s key possessions.