HyperJuice won’t get the US Anti-Doping Agency up in arms. They’re a line of sleek external batteries for Mac hardware.
We’ve all been in this situation. We go to our favorite cafe for an all-day edit session and find that all of the power outlets are in use. Even if your laptop is fully charged you’re gonna get less than half a day of juice.
This is when the external batteries from HyperJuice would come in handy. They come in 4 wattages:
- 60 (Wh)
- 100 (Wh)
- 150 (Wh)
- 222 (Wh)
They even provide a matrix showing you how much more power you’ll have depending on which HyperJuice battery you purchase:
So since I have a 2009 MacBook Pro 17″, if I bought the 222 (Wh) HyperJuice battery I would get 26.7 hours if it and my laptop were fully charged. This is 2.3 times what I would get without the external battery!
Other HyperJuice uses could be for editing:
- on-location (especially if you’re taping in a outdoor remote area)
- on the beach (really? does anybody actually do this?)
- on a long flight (ok, that’s more likely)
- cross-town cab ride (unless Robert De Niro is driving)
- your live-stream of the zombie apocalypse (of course, your battery may last longer than you)