If you’re a video editor with an iPhone you have the ‘Find my iPhone’ app. Now with Lookout, Android owners can rejoice.
The 4 things that mobile phone security software Lookout does is:
- Security: Using it’s Mobile Threat Network
- Backup: access anywhere and restore your device
- Missing Device: Locate your missing phone on a map from your PC or another smartphone.
- Management: with an easy-to-use account dashboard
Believe it or not this is all FREE. But if you pay a few months a month or $30 /yr you’ll get more benefits like:
- Block phishing and malicious websites
- Protect your privacy with Privacy Advisor
- Photo, Call History Backup
- Transfer Data to New Phone
- Remote Wipe
- Remote Lock
- Premium Support
Hey, you know – I get.
It’s in the interest of security companies to put the fear of God in you so you will buy their products and services. But a high number of phones ARE lost every year, so if you do find yourself in this unfortunate position isn’t it better to be prepared?
Also, check out their interactive maps in the Resources section. The Billion Dollar Phone Bill map is the most eye-brow raising.