Media Inspector 04/26/12
Frustrated that Finder won’t show all the info about your video files? Try Media Inspector for Mac. It knows everything about your media files.
I’ve been using Media Inspector for Mac since it was called Mediainfo Mac. I still blows me away to this day. As a multimedia file analyzer and reporting tool for the Mac it vastly improves the effectiveness of Finder.
It’s main features:
- 100% adware/banners/spyware free.
- Uses the native Mac OS X Cocoa API’s for faster and better user experience.
- Runs as a systemwide service, allowing you to analyze files on demand with just a single click. (See screenshot below)
- Integrates with the Mac OS X Finder adding a contextual menu item for quick file analysis. (See screenshot below)
- Allows you to export file reports into a plain text file or to a printer.
- Automatically updates itself when either the core MediaInfo Library or Media Inspector is updated, so you always get the best of both worlds.
At $2.99 on the Mac store, it may be the best 3 bucks you’ve spent in a while.