Overflow lets you quickly launch apps, open documents, and access folders while reducing the number of items needed in your dock.
Like most video editors, my dock runneth over. As the months go by and I continually discover new apps, I keep adding to the dock:
They promise to put your dock on a diet.
With this app, any item you see in Finder can be added to the Overflow interface, making it accessible through a few simple mouse clicks or keystrokes. You still have quick access, but that item is now tucked away in Overflow instead of cluttering up your dock. It’s pretty obvious how useful this could be to editors.
- Create categories within the Overflow interface. You can use categories to store groups of items.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate between categories.
- Exactly position items within the Overflow interface.
- The categories themselves can be rearranged by dragging them up or down.
- Overflow can be used entirely with hotkeys.
- You can change the size of overflow to hold as many items as you want.
- The entire interface is fully customizable.
Check out the demo video on their home page. Believe me – if you like the ‘app folder’ feature in iOS, you’ll love this app.